Love God, Love One Another
Religious Education is central to all our teaching and staff ensure that all children can achieve. RE is a vital part of our children’s education and the formation of each child in their knowledge of themselves, their gifts and their relationships with God. We want our children to know that they are made in the image amd likeness of God, and to understand that we all have different talents given from God which we can share with others.
Our Religious Education Curriculum
- Religious Education is a core subject in our school.
- Religious Education is planned, taught, assessed, monitored and marked with the same rigour as other core curriculum subjects.
- In line with Bishops’ Conference recommendations, a minimum of 10% of curriculum time at St Aidan's is allocated to Religious Education. This does not include Collective Worship.
- To fulfil our aims and to address the 4 areas of study outlined in the Curriculum Directory (a new Curriculum directory is currently being developed) – Revelation, Church, Celebration and Life in Christ, “The Way, The Truth and The Life” programme of study is used as recommended by the Diocese.
- We provide a curriculum that is engaging, rewarding, challenging and enjoyable for all pupils, whilst fulfilling the requirement outlined by the Diocese of Shrewsbury.
- Resources are reviewed and updated annually. An audit of resources including Bibles, textbooks and artefacts, helps to establish what is needed to support the curriculum.
The long term overview can be found here