Love God, Love One Another
Admissions to Saint Aidan's Catholic Primary School
- An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made to Manchester Local Authority who co-ordinate our in year admissions by completing the in-year admissions application form and returning it to Manchester Local Authority www.manchester.gov.uk/admissions
- Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements for 22/23 will be applied. Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
- Catholic children who are resident in the parish of Saint Hilda and Saint Aidan. (see notes 3&11)
- Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
- Other looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
- Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church. (see notes 4&5)
- Children of other Christian denominations whose membership is evidenced by a minister of religion. (see note 6)
- Children of other faiths whose membership is evidenced by a religious leader. (see note 7)
- Any other children The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (see note 8).
- If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
- You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
- If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions please contact the school office and we will direct you. You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with the local authority at Admissions 0161 245 7166