Support for Familes
Love God, Love One Another
The dark evenings and cold winter months are challenging for everyone, especially those struggling with the cost of
living. Please see below for the latest help and advice.
- Manchester's FREE Cost of Living Advice Line: Support with benefits, help and advice about rent, debt,
bills, food support and help to get online (support to access the internet, laptops, phones and data). The
advice line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm on 0800 023 2692. You can also text on 07860 022 876
or visit manchester.gov.uk/coladvice.
- Manchester's web page for help with the cost-of-living crisis: A comprehensive guide to the financial help and
practical support available to Manchester residents.
- Manchester's web page for those in financial difficulty: Providing information on housing/council tax, FSM,
fuel, travel and cash grants, furniture and white goods.
- Warm Welcome: You can find out more about Warm Welcome spaces near you by accessing the web pages
and map at https://www.warmwelcome.uk/.
- Food Banks and Community Grocers : There are both referral and non-referral foodbanks across Manchester.
You can find your nearest online at www.trusselltrust.org or www.greatertogethermanchester.org.
- Local help and support: Information about support and advice in your local area.
- Free SIMS/internet data for those eligible.
- Help with internet use, digital inclusion and use of computers in our libraries.
- Governments Help for Households campaign and web pages https://www.gov.uk/cost-of-living for information
and support with benefits, income, rent and bills, pension, subsidised travel, childcare and maternity costs.
- Social Tariffs: Low-cost broadband and phone service packages, for those on low incomes. Check the Ofcom
website to see if you can switch to a social tariff.
Please find below some useful information on different groups and organisations that can help if you are in need of support. Please remember that you can also contact school on 0161 998 4126 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Caritas (Saint Aidan's Centre) contact Mrs Yates
Early Help - Support for families using local agencies to work together
The Tree of Life Centre Wythenshawe -Food bank centre also sells used furniture and clothing - 07873889637
Safespots Wythenshawe -Supporting women who have experienced domestic violence 07873889637
Wood Street Mission- Food bank and donates used homeware, some furniture and clothing 0161 834 3140
Norbrook Community Centre- 07901822089
Benchill Community Centre- 0161 945 0879
Addy Young People’s Centre - 0161 437 8950
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group-0300111000
Advice Now- Legal advice
NSPCC Support for vulnerable children
Extremism and Radicalisation A guide for parents
Bideford Community Centre- 0161 946 0506
Child Exploitation - Advice for families if they suspect exploitation by gangs
Child Exploitation Toolkit - Information for families
Child Exploitation Recruitment - Information on the stages of recruitment
Calm Zone - Information to help children to self regulate if they get angry and go in to crisis
Royal Oak Community Centre- 0161 998 2146